> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "hugheshugo"
> <richardhughes103@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer <groups@>
wrote:

> > > More cogently, we have to ask whether the research approach is
> > > really appropriate to the subject. Are brainwave measurements,
> > > no matter how sophisticated, really indicative of the
operation
> > > or qualities of consciousness?
> >
> > Of course they are, consciousness is a quality of the brain
> > therefore measuring the brainwaves gives us at least an idea of
> > what's going on.
>
> Whenever I hear something like this, I find myself
> wondering whether everyone who says it has completely
> forgotten the Bardo experience, between death and
> rebirth. Consciousness doesn't stop. It's there while
> the body is lying dead in its coffin and the brain is
> no longer functioning, and its there long after the
> body has been reduced to ashes in the crematorium.
> So what part of that consciousness do you believe
> is based on your physical brain?

What part of ME isn't based on my physical brain? Memories are held
there, moods, emotions have their seat in hormonal functioning. It
sounds depressingly clinical but it's all easily demonstrated.

To me reincarnation is an idea that raises more questions than it
answers, Why don't we remember past lives?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: