--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > . . .
> > > The real issue is that you also said that others in
> > > the same room with you did NOT see what you saw...
> >
> > Note that you dodged the real question.
> >
> > If you were in a room and saw someone hover, right
> > in front of your eyes, and not everyone else in the
> > room saw it, would you believe your own experience
> > or the "other people?"
>
> That might be similar to "if you were in a field and saw
> a UFO hover, right in front of your eyes, and not everyone
> else in the field saw it, would you believe your own
> experience or the other people?"

Yes, it would, if it happened multiple times, say
several times a month over a decade or more, and
if a clear majority of the people present saw it
each time, *without* being told that a UFO or
anything like it was going to appear.

> In the latter case, I would look to see if there are other
> explanations.

Oh, I have. You have no *idea* how many alternative
explanations I have explored over the years. But it
comes down to the fact that the Occam's Razor answer
is WYSIWYG. What you see is what you get.

Some people see nothing, and their world stays safely
the same. Others see something, and their world has
changed forever. Some of the latter find ways to
rationalize away what they saw so *that* their world
can stay safely the same.

> Question those who saw aand didn't see. Lots of people
> "see" UFOs that are not there.

Who says they're not there?

> Or "if you were in a room and saw jesus talking to krishna,
> right in front of your eyes, and not everyone else in the
> room saw it, would you believe your own experience or the
> other people?"

My perception, every time.

> Are you positive its not some hallucination or delusion?

Nope. But I would believe my perception, every time,
given no evidence of hallucination or delusion.

> Or if someone else saw that and you didn't.

That happened many times.

> Do you automatically conclude they are lying and
> delusional just because your experience is different?

Of course not. But it sounds like you might.

You are butting heads with the mystical conundrum,
new. *Everyone* who has ever had extraordinary
spiritual experiences in history has been in this
position -- they have experiences that most of the
people around them not only have never had, but
don't believe they *can* have. Who ya gonna believe?

Well, the players in self realization believed in
their experience. You read books about them. Those
who believed the bystanders are lost in the dust
of history.