> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:
<snip>
> > I was more impressed with the ability of certain "sidhas"
> > to predict and make movie reviews they hadn't seen using
> > the power of the unified field of all the laws of nature.
> > It was SO coherent! I felt so peaceful just hearing them.
<snip>
> I was kinda expecting what's-her-name to jump into the
> Firefly vs. Babylon 5 debate. After all, she would feel
> imminently qualified to do so, having seen neither series.
>
> > They don't seem as good at going back in time...but then
> > again, the movie review siddhi twasn't dat good either...
>
> I don't know...being able to review films you've
> never seen gives you a *tremendous* advantage over
> other film critics.

As both Barry and Vaj know, I never "reviewed"
"Apocalypto."  Unlike Barry, who in fact did exactly
that by calling Lynch's film "a stupid movie," I
don't review films I haven't seen.

What I did was make some comments on the film's
*content*, as reported by many reviewers.

 You could call yourself The
> Blindfolded Film Reviewer and beat Ebert to the punch
> every time.
>
> And, when someone mentions that The Blindfolded Film
> Reviewer included some elements in her review that
> weren't in the film AT ALL

There were no such elements, as Barry well knows.

, she can just scream at
> them and make up stories about them. Hey! that approach
> has worked wonders for Rush Limbaugh, so I'm betting
> that The Blindfolded Film Reviewer show will be a
> big hit.
>
> The first films reviewed will be:

> * "Inland Empire" (2006) -- a glowing, positive review,

Unlike Barry's "stupid movie" review...

Barry, you're really slipping.  This is about the
weakest attempt at parody you've ever come up with,
not least because it bears no relationship whatsoever
to reality.

As I've attempted to explain to you before, satire
and parody work only when they're quasi-realistic.

This doesn't even rise to the level of *burlesque*.