---Vaj, you're not making sense.  Regardless of the purpose, yidam
(god) worship is all the same, call it what you want; but much of
Tibetan Buddhism is similar to the god-worship of the Hindus. Even
the iconography is similar, say Mahakali vs the same Mahakali in
Hinduism; Ganesh worship in both religions.  There are countless
Hindus who regard these "gods" as "wisdom-enhancing" focal points;
just as in your erronous rendition of Buddhism.

 In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Feb 22, 2007, at 8:57 PM, coshlnx wrote:
>
> >  Actually, Harris is critical of god worship only in the context
of
> > faith-based religious assumptions; and states  that (something
like
> > this) is OK in his world-view: "When I meditate on Jesus, I feel
an
> > ecstatic Spiritual epiphany, and therefore you should try it".
That's
> > an experiential type of statement that can be tested to a certain
> > extent; since other people can follow up on the recommendation
and try
> > it for themselves.
>
> And of course, such an experiential approach similar to this might
be
> compatible with Buddha-dharma, albeit with a number of caveats.
>

> >  But the idea of no-god-worship doesn't even make sense in the
context
> > of Buddhism since Tibetan Buddhism
>
> In regards to Tibetan (or other types of Buddhism) this is a false
View.

> > (apart from some Gurus like Vaj's
> > Chogyal Norbu Rinpoche); is heavily involved with god-worship;
i.e.
> > the
> > Tibetan Buddhist counterpart of the gods: yidams or whatever.
There's
> > Chenrizig, the Green Tara, the White Tara, MahaKali, numerous
Dharma