On May 24, 2007, at 8:53 PM, shempmcgurk wrote:

When reading the following passage from Swami Muktananda's "Satsang
with Baba, Volume III" (August 18, 1972, page 122), I thought that it
was another explanation of the mechanics of stress release; that is,
that the thoughts we have during meditation are indications of stress
being released on the physical level:

"According to the seers of the yogic scriptures, countless impressions
of past lives are embedded in the central nadi, sushumna. After
Kundalini becomes awake, these impressions start rising to the
surface. You should be aware that they are coming to the surface to be
ejected from the system. If you are aware of this truth, you will find
it entirely pointless to be concerned or overwhelmed by the feelings
that come to the conscious surface."

This just verifies what I've stated here numerous times, that the TM myth of physical stress release from the physical nervous system was fallacious. Where stress is being released is in the pranic body or vajra body. It is the pranic body that evolves.