Interesting, thank you so much for your information - which state are
you located at ?  Was it easy to find a vet to follow dr. Plechner's
approach?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Belinda Sauro
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2005 1:24 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: Dr Plechner & Blood test - Hideyo

   I think I did ask my vet about that and she said something about the
way the pred works is better than a natural steriod for now.  And they
are getting a very miniscual dose 1/4ccs once a week.  Even at their
highest dose it was only 5ccs a day for 4 weeks, then we lowered it to
2ccs everyday for 4 weeks, then to 1 ccs daily for 4 weeks and then
lowered it again to 1/2ccs daily for 4 weeks and then went to 1/2ccs
every 3 days for 4 weeks, and now we're at 1/2ccs once a week (just
started that this week) and if their symptoms stay good we'll probably
stay there until I get them completely switched to homemade and then get

them retested.  So they have been on it for quite a while.  I watch them

very closely :)

--
 Belinda
Happiness is being owned by cats ...

Be-Mi-Kitties ...
http://www.bemikitties.com

http://adopt.bemikitties.com

FeLV Candle Light Service
http://www.bemikitties.com/cls

HostDesign4U.com  (affordable hosting & web design)
http://HostDesign4U.com

BMK Designs (non-profit web sites)
http://bmk.bemikitties.com