I did not use this in the house when my dogs were alive, so it's possible. I have been worried that it is attracting mice (we have a lot of mice in the house, judging from Lucy's hunting exploits), which is why I had switched to pine. I switched back because Lucy got sick around the same time I switched.  If the mice like it, which I think they do (it's probably like a buffet to them), dogs might also.
Michelle