*From:* Marylyn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
*To:* felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
*Sent:* Saturday, June 30, 2007 9:14 PM
*Subject:* Re: Birds, also, feliway....

It has to be their idea.  I have had some wonderful ferals but they are
not house cats as we normally think about them.  They are very self
sufficient and, when they decide to give you any sign of affection, much
less kitten kisses or purrs, you know it is genuine.

I have used Feliway and am convinced that it works get.  And it has worked
with several cats.  My regular vets use it in the cat area of their clinic.
I really don't believe I would ever have persuaded the Royal Princess Kitty
Katt to come out without Feliway.  She chose to move in with my parents and
was my father's cat until he left this world.  Then her whole world turned
on end and she became my mother's cat (same house just a different person as
1st person).  I was the one who always caught her and clipped her nails,
gave her meds, took her to the vet's etc when I came in from Louisville.
Finally Mom decided she couldn't take care of Kitty and that she should live
with me.  This was no where in Kitty's plans and, in fact, was Kitty's
version of hell.  She lost her job (taking care of Mom), lost her nice quiet
house in the country with electric heat and a stay at home person to live in
the city with forced air gas heat, a working person with very irregular
hours, a mailman who came to the door, all the different scents and
noises...........I went so far as to replace the furnace and a/c before she
came so she would not have to tolerate that.  I slept on the floor for three
months working with her and trying to get her to come out.  The Feliway let
her relax enough that she started coming out when I was asleep and things
worked out from there.

The price has really come down.  I don't know if you have checked lately
but, compared with what I originally paid for it, it is dirt cheap.  It
makes you smell like a cat and provides comfort to the little ones.

                                                 If you have men who will
exclude any of God's creatures
                                                 from the shelter of
compassion and pity, you will have men who
                                                 will deal likewise with
their fellow man.
                                                                  St.
Francis