I'm a big believer in Just Born with Colostrum..........high quality/high calorie ....in powder or pre- mixed. I frequently add it to food for Dixie as well as for the ferals who are going into the winter and need to bulk up. Dixie and the Royal Princess Kitty Katt enjoy(ed) the pre-mixed for snacks/treats. Dixie really enjoys full fat yogurt too. PC (who knows his history) enjoys yogurt (full of probiotics) too.

If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow man. St. Francis ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jane Lyons" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2007 6:22 PM
Subject: Re: Ember and weight loss

Hi Lance,
Nina suggested I try feeding dry 'kitten' food (any decent brand)
because the caloric value is much higher. I did, and MeMe has been
eating it and steadily gaining weight.

If Ember likes Sheba, I would bump it up. If she needs to gain weight
I'd offer her anything (again, decent quality) that she will eat.

I had to give up the notion of feeding a "species appropriate" diet.
I am just grateful that she is eating dry kitten and gaining weight.
I give her Sheba and a variety of 'quality' wet food that she sometimes
tolerates if it is covered with warm water and 'lapable'.

Hope she can pack some ounces back on.

Jane