From: Christiane Biagi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 3:31 pm
Subject: RE: Question about outdoor cat

TAKE HER!  I was feeding my Romeo for 2 years before I brought him inside.  I
did so only because the temperature was going to below zero and the creeps
whose house he lived under boarded up his access so he had no shelter.  It took
a few weeks of him in a large kennel in my bedroom propped up on some boxes.
Initially, I put his box and his food dish in there & covered all but two sides
with a sheet.  Then I started leaving the door to the kennel open and putting
his food on the floor just below.  Then I brought him to the bathroom around
the corner in the kennel to show him where I was moving the litter box to.  He
started eating/going to the box only when nobody was in the room or at night
when he thought I was asleep.  But sure enough, one day he went out while I was
in the room on my computer and jumped on the bed he’d been eying!  Sure enough,
that did it.  Once he found the creature comforts there was no turning back!
He rarely sits at the window or tries to go out—sort of looks at the other guys
like they’re nuts for wanting to go out!  He is the absolutely most
affectionate cat I’ve ever had.  BUT, the one thing I still can’t do is
actually pick him up.  He’ll sit on my lap (or on my chest when I try to
sleep!) but squirms out real fast if I try to pick him up.  Vet visits &
crating are real tough so I have to keep that to an absolute miminum

Sooo, this little one has already staked you out as hers!  I say take her; keep
her in a big wire cage with some increasing freedoms and watch her become a big
mush!