I don't know, just thinking do you think it would help to cage her for a few days, with the other cats around? Perhaps keeping on the clonicalm...?

Gloria

On Nov 17, 2007, at 5:20 AM, catatonya wrote:

I'm having very similar issues with a male attacking 3 of my other cats. I just try to lock him up when I can. I have also given him clonicalm.......... but that hasn't really seemed to help.
tonya

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Ok, guys. I hope someone can figure this situation out, because I'm at my wit's end. Two of my girls are NOT getting along, and I don't know what to do. Penelope (FeLV negative, 2 years old, very standoffish personality, not a "friendly" type cat, doesn't want to be held, only wants attention when SHE wants it, a loner, etc) and Grizzabella (FeLV positive, 7 years old, very friendly, never met a stranger, not so much a lap cat, but doesn't mind being petted and isn't afraid of strangers at all) are constantly at each other. : ( They never really "liked" each other, but the last few months it has gotten progressively worse. To the point that Penelope is afraid to come out of the bedroom. She was pooping/peeing under the bed. And I know it was just because she was afraid of Grizzabella and wouldn't come out of the bedroom. We finally had to put a litterbox in there for her, and food/water.

What I have noticed is they seem to attack each other, depending on their mood, but one always jumps the other. They can't even pass in the hall without fighting, and I don't know what to do. There doesn't seem to be any precursor/cuase. All it seems to take is one of them seeing the other and they're off. I'm really worried Bella is going to end up scratching Penny and infecting her. Right now when they start I just put Bella in the guestroom for a few hours so Penelope can come out of the bedroom, and then when we leave of the morning I let Bella out and Penelope spends the day in the bedroom. Any of you guys had any success with behavior modification? I welcome any thoughts/ideas on what has worked for you guys in the past. Poppy, the third one in the house proper, gets along with both of them, for the most part. I've seen Poppy jump Penny a time or two, but certainly nothing like the other two. :( Penny and Poppy do well together most of the time (they both sleep in my bed at night). Any ideas?