-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of janine paton
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2008 6:21 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: RE: PARTIAL SUCCESS! Advice on trapping...night v day trapping

Good source of information is yahoo groups -
Feral_cats.

For hard-to-trap cats, I bungee cord the trap open to
get them used to the concept.  It's just a little
patience and most importantly, calmness.  Act as if
the bungeed-open trap is nothing more than a big dish
to put food in.

I didn't read all of the emails, but don't leave a set
trap unattended.  Get the cat on a schedule, feed her
in a trap not really set, and when she relaxes and
goes all the way in, make the app't and set the trap
for real, staying around the corner with eyes and ears
open so she can be covered up completely with a sheet
and either brought straight to a vet, or brought
inside somewhere safe, again covered up,  until the
next morning.

http://network.bestfriends.org/Blogs/Detail.aspx?b=475

<http://network.bestfriends.org/Blogs/Detail.aspx?b=475&g=3042316787ce4a6e8e
> b13f7e1c31758d> &g=3042316787ce4a6e8eb13f7e1c31758d
>

> On Jan 8, 2008 5:59 PM, Pat Kachur <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > wrote:

=== message truncated ===