  From: MarieG
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Friday, February 08, 2008 5:36 PM
  Subject: spooked about vaccinations

  Hello,

  I haven't been posting in a while. A year ago, I had a cat who died within
several weeks of being dx with feline leukemia. Other than ocassionally
sneezing, Cakooie seemed like a healthy kitty. He was my first cat, so there
was a lot i didn't know about feline dieases. But he ate well and was playful.
Then three weeks after he had his vaccinations, he went down quickly.

  His sister, Chica, has tested negative twice within 90 d ays. I think she
will be okay. It's time to have her vaccinations again, and I'm just scared
because of what happened to my other cat. I know the vaccinations didn't cause
him to get leukemia. I think they did make him worse. He was vaccinated for
rabies and distemper.

  Chica is an indoor cat, so I don't know what vaccinations she really needs.
Rabies is required. She probably should get a booster for distemper.

  Do you think after two negative tests and a good checkup that it is safe to
assume she's felv free? Are vaccinations generally safe?

  Thanks for your input.

  Marie