Hi Marie
I share your fear of unnecessary vaccinations. A vet I use, who is very enlightened, recommended a book
entitled Vaccine Guide for Dogs and Cats by Catherine Diodati.
http://books.google.com/books?id=brILAAAACAAJ&dq=Catherine+JM +Diodati&hl=en&prev=http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Catherine +Diodati&btnG=Google+Search&sa=X&oi=print&ct=result&cd=1&cad=author- navigational

Google Catherine Diodati for her credentials and then get the book. It is astonishing to learn how we have been misled and misinformed about vaccinations and also how harmful they can be for an animal who's immunity is suppressed. I was flabbergasted when I read it, and I have become very careful and selective
about vaccinations.
I would strongly recommend the book to everyone who loves animals. Dr Richard Pitcairn wrote the intro. It is carefully researched and documented. It is not in the 'lunatic fringe' realm.
Jane

Hello,

I haven't been posting in a while. A year ago, I had a cat who died within several weeks of being dx with feline leukemia. Other than ocassionally sneezing, Cakooie seemed like a healthy kitty. He was my first cat, so there was a lot i didn't know about feline dieases. But he ate well and was playful. Then three weeks after he had his vaccinations, he went down quickly.

His sister, Chica, has tested negative twice within 90 days. I think she will be okay. It's time to have her vaccinations again, and I'm just scared because of what happened to my other cat. I know the vaccinations didn't cause him to get leukemia. I think they did make him worse. He was vaccinated for rabies and distemper.

Chica is an indoor cat, so I don't know what vaccinations she really needs. Rabies is required. She probably should get a booster for distemper.

Do you think after two negative tests and a good checkup that it is safe to assume she's felv free? Are vaccinations generally safe?

Thanks for your input.

Marie