Hi I just got more bad news. This time it is from my sister.

A stray cat adopted her and finally decided to trust her. He is now her cat.
She told me today that he was acting lethargic and had been so for the past
couple of day. I told her she needed to get him to the vet. She had never
had him in a carrier and was worried she would not be able to do so.

Well she took him to the vet, not her usual vet. She said they did blood
work. The vet was real nice even told her he liked cats a lot. Now for the
bomb the cat is FELV positive. She had already had told the vet Junior's
story. She said he gave her all the options including possible euthanasia.
He said that did not have to be done right away. For now the cat is home
with her. Slinky has become part of her family her cat chasing dogs have
accepted him. The vet gave her clavamox and fluids. She said the cat was
eating and appeared to be feeling better. They did not get a good temp,
estmated at 104-105. So now I ask for prayers for slinky. He will have to be
neutered when he is better. She lives in CA in Manteca. She wants to move
back to VA in the next year. She is worried about that. I told her not to
worry about things to come.

If Junior had not passed Slinky may have gotten worse. This way she got
Slinky to the vet right away.

I figure that in people years I got another 10 years from Junior. Too bad it
was short years for me. They were mostly good except for all the worrying.

I am here to share what I have learned.

Sally

  *On Behalf Of *Sally Davis