Sally Davis wrote:
Hi Lance and all you great parents,
Junior took his last breath at the vet's today with assistance. I would like to say it went well, but his body was shutting down. The sedative did not calm him. I called the vet back into the room to go ahead and stop his misery. His veins were not cooperating. She had to stick him 4 times that last time she got a smaller needle.(Not her fault, it was the end). Junior had a heart murmur and that is what was going on. I was not going to prolong his misery by heroics. Heroics kept him alive for two years, and that is my greatest gift. Please light a candle for my precious baby. My heart is breaking. Send Junior to the CLS list with his brother Tiny who left me Christmas day a year ago. I will share what I can about this horrible disease. Love Sally