i was specifically looking at the fact that this was ONE kitten of two,
where the mom and the other kitten were negative--while we don't know about
the other cat, we have a pretty good idea how long mom and kids have been
together....

remember that it requires a first shot, then a booster two to three weeks
later (depending on the vaccine) for full immunity to take effect; so while
mom and sibkit and companion kitty have been vaccinated once, they haven't
had the full therapeutic dosage yet.

as for the other adult cat: if she's just recently come into contact with
this family, the chances that the exposure amounts to, "prolonged,
persistent" contact is slim; if she's healthy, her chances of maintaining a
viremic status despite exposure are low; and without a second test on the
kitten, who knows if there's any danger at all. we don't know that anyone
has been exposed to anything at this point.

MC

--

Spay & Neuter Your Neighbors!
Maybe That'll Make The Difference....