it used to be thought that if mom was negative, the kittens would be, so
VERY often kittens weren't tested at all, or at most, one from the litter
was.....

some of it has to do with finances--for small rescues or shelters, the
expense of testing full litters during kitten season is not always
realistic. in fact, there are still MANY shelters and animal-control
facilities that don't test AT ALL--and won't/can't pay for foster parents to
do so, either.

but tho i didn't specifically answer this before, i of course agree with
gloria and everyone: by now, everyone's been exposed and separating them is
pointless....

MC

--

Spay & Neuter Your Neighbors!