  From: Kelley Saveika
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Sunday, June 22, 2008 6:19 PM
  Subject: Re: spaying

  Hi Lynne,

  I would check the contract you have with the agency from which you adopted
her.  It is likely the adoption is conditional on you getting her spayed - this
is why we do not adopt out unspayed animals btw.

  Unless there is some severe underlying health issue, which the vet should
have advised you of, it is always healthier for the cat to be altered.  It
reduces or eliminates the chances of certain types of cancer, it eliminates the
chance of unplanned pregnancies, etc.