  From: Sharyl
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 5:51 AM
  Subject: Re: help please

        Lynne, it took mine a day to recover from the surgery but they were
younger than Snowy.  The raspy voice could be due to the anesthetic.  Mine are
generally ticked off at me after a vet visit and want to be left alone.  I had
Stormie in for vaccines Monday.  She spent the rest of the day hiding behind
the sofa.

        If I remember correctly the vet said to offer water and a small amount
of food after the neutering surgery.  What pain med did the vet give you?
Please do not give Snowy Metacam.  It is only FDA approved for a single shot
for cats.  Oral doses cause approx. 30% to go into acute kidney failure.  There
are other pain meds for kitties without the risk of ARF.

        Glad she is home.

        Sharyl Sissy and Rocket