He certainly is a beautiful beastie - creamy coat with pastel blue eyes ...
(Sigh!)

---- MaryChristine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

=============
hip hip meow!

you know, sometimes i think that NOT knowing they're FeLV is better for
everyone...... no one sat around expecting him to get sick, so he didn't....

i, too, have a thing for flamepoints--beautfiul little beasties, tho no one
will be surprised that i go for the himmie version.

i'm so glad you found each other, as clearly you were meant to.

MC

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 9:06 AM, Sue Koren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Everyone!
> Saturday I went to a local cat rescue home and adopted a beautiful 16lb.
> flame point siamese boy.  He is 10 years old and FeLV+.
> I have been missing my cuddler, Tucker, so much that I just wanted another
> loveable lap cat kitty.  There were over 200 cats in that home but when I
> picked up Orlando it was all over.  He just snuggled right in.  His previous
> owner passed away in January.  She had a lot of acreage, a couple of barns
> and a shop where she made signs.  She had 17 cats who roamed the place and
> were never let inside or given vet care.  When she passed away her husband
> brought all the cats to this rescue and several were FeLV+.  Ironically,
> that was about the time Buzz was diagnosed and I was still trying to find a
> home for him.  When I called this rescue they told me that they had just
> taken in several positives and did not have room.  If someone had told me
> then that I would be taking one of the positives I never would have believed
> them.
> Anyway, Orlando is a very special sweetheart of a cat.  He is even getting
> along fairly well with the other 5.  Yesterday I had him to the vets and
> they found that he had once had a broken leg that was never taken care of
> and healed wrong. (I knew his back right leg was stiff).  Time will tell if
> that is something to take care of now or not.  They also re-confirmed the
> FeLV+.  Anyway I am getting way too long winded.
> Thanks for listening to me ramble,
> Sue

Spay & Neuter Your Neighbors!
Maybe That'll Make The Difference....

MaryChristine

go to my blog for updates: if you don't have the address, then you're not
supposed to.