I didn't get your original email Kathryn.  Welcome to ghe group.  Is your cat
showing any symptoms? How old is he?
  tonya

Diane Rosenfeldt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
      You've come to a great place for information and support.  Others have
much more experience with these babies, but I can tell you that diet and stress
control are paramount.  If you can give your new guy (what's his name?) the
best food possible and keep him as happy as possible, that's a great first
step.  You can also supplement his diet with L-lysine (from natural food
stores, without the additives found in the kind you find in most drugstores,
which is toxic to cats).  Make sure your vet is knowledgeable on FeLV -- if
he/she didn't immediately suggest euthanasia, that's a good sign.  If he/she
isn't, look around for one who is.  Some people here like holistic vets, if
there are some in your area, in addition to their regular vet.

  There's no way to know how long any of them will last.  Some people here have
kitties who have lived long and well with FeLV, and then there are some (like
my Patches, who came to me as a stray, too, who only stayed with me six weeks.)
 What's important is to enjoy him every minute he's with you, fight the good
fight together, but know when it's time to let go.  Not easy, but doable.  Good
luck with your guy.

  Diane R.