  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Monday, July 07, 2008 10:10 AM
  Subject: Re: Smokey update

  Hi Everyone,

  I had a real scare with Smokey over the weekend. I thought I was loosing him
and I didn't even know if an emergency vet would treat him because of his
disease. Do they?The good news is that I didn't need to find out, he's snapped
out of it. I've been treating him for an upper respiratory problem and an eye
infection. He also has ulcers on his mouth, poor boy! The little cat is a
wreck, but he appears to have turned the corner. As of today, his mouth is
healing, his eye isn't running and his breathing is nor mal. I do not want to
get my hopes up too much, but I sure do want the little boy to stay with me. I
can't believe how many tears I have shed for a little guy I've known less then
two weeks. He's just so sweet.

  Is it normal for them to snap back so quickly? Is this a good sign that he
might live a while? My vet says that he could live a few years and has even
emailed me outdoor enclosures to look at. He was a stray and longs to be
outside, so it would be nice for him to go outside once in a while.

  I really appreciate this site. It's wonderful to hear from people who know
about this and also who understand. As with my horse, (he's a rescue, too) most
of my friends think I am nuts for taking on this little cat.

  Thank you for listening,
  Kathryn