Thanks.  She had the best of everything and was very happy and loved.
I miss her so much.  Right now I am looking at a little 4 week old (?)
copper kitten that came from the same pine thicket Dixie came from.
After a day of talking, assuring and reassuring her, she allowed me to
snatch her up and bring her to the farm.  Before you think me awful
for taking one so young you need to know there are 5 hawks in the
thicket and she would not have survived very long.  I think her mother
knew that and sent her meowing toward my mother's home.  She will be
loved and cared for all of her days.  This little one was born about
the time Dixie was leaving and is a favorite color of Dixie's.  This
makes things easier.