i THINK it was on this list that i first saw the reference, and i'm pretty
sure it's on one of the big crf sites--hopefully someone here can help.
there's a page that shows how to "clip" a cat in the same way that momcat's
scruff them, to immobilize them, and make it possible to hydrate them by
yourself.

earlier this year, winn feline foundation (www.winnfelinehealth.org)
actually did research on this technique, using a variety of commonly found
household clips, so that you do NOT have to go out and buy the cat-specific
one.... i can't find ANYTHING these days, so hopefully someone else saves
these things in a more logical way.....

Spay & Neuter Your Neighbors!
Maybe That'll Make The Difference....

MaryChristine