I completely agree....I have had three cats over the years who had this
disease.  And many people I know have also had cats who suffered from it.
Can't imagine a vet not knowing.....
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Sharyl
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Saturday, July 19, 2008 6:10 PM
  Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] ot-next problem

        Debbie, if your vet doesn't think cats get hyperthyroidism then you
desperately need to find a new vet.  Here is a link to more info.

        http://www.marvistavet.com/html/thyroid.html
        Most folks start out treating with meds to see how the cats responds.
Some will be candidates for radiotherapy.  Be aware that may cats are dx with
CRF after the thyroid issues are resolved.  Hyper T tends to hide CRF.

        Sharyl