I fed Dixie Louise Primal Raw mixed with organic veggies that were
high in iron and/or vitamin C.  From the China scare she never had
food with grains.  Until a very few days before she left this world
she was very healthy and happy.  She saw a holistic vet frequently and
a regular vet as needed......which was very rarely.

The best thing you can do is love them and let them love and teach
you.  They are full of wisdom.  Enjoy every second and do not focus on
the condition.  Give them the best you can in everything but realize
that there are no guarantees in life.

Blessings to you.