From: Sabrina

Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Need help-seeking forever home for feluk positive cat
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Wednesday, August 6, 2008, 8:40 PM

>> She will be vaxed, checked out, and spayed before she is rehomed.
<<

Can you get around vaxing her? If she is FeLV+, she should NOT be
vaccinated. Only healthy, virus-free animals should be vaccinated. Check
your vaccine manufacturer's directions. This is what my vaccine (Intervet
Protex-3) says on the label:

"Only healthy animals should be vaccinated. Animals incubating any
disease,
or animals stressed due to shipping, malnutrition or parasitism may not
achieve or maintain an adequate immune response."

Her immune system is being taxed by the virus, she does not need further
challenges to her immune system. Contrary to popular belief, vaccines are
NOT harmless.

Sabrina
www.Pet-Sitter-Pro.com
www.LovingGraceRescue.org