If Ash is healthy I would have her vaccinated. I think it's good to get the
first set of vaccinations in.  Also, I don't know if Ash tested positive twice
at at least 3 months apart?   If not, you may not be dealing with a positive
cat to begin with.  Both of my positives received their first leukemia shots
and boosters.  One I knew was positive, one I didn't.  I don't think it makes a
difference.  I would not vaccinate an obviously sick cat.  Years ago, vets did
say to vaccinate positives anyway.  Now they say not to.  But unless you're
totally sure your cat is positive........ I would vaccinate.
  tonya

Jennifer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Really?  I had no idea vets didn't need to vaccinate in order to neuter/spay.
 I guess it's their way of getting more money.  I will run that by my vet and
tell him I don't want Ash to get any shots because of his FeLV+ status, and see
what he says.  See, that's the thing that bugs me.  Vets are supposed to be
animal advocates and do what's right by them, and surely they know that giving
FeLV+ cats vaccines isn't the best thing to do for their immune system...yet
they do it anyway!  It all comes down to the mighty dollar.  Ugh!

 Jennifer - PROUD VEGETARIAN & LOCAL SPCA VOLUNTEER.  Be their voice.
        ~ loving mama to ~
          Morrison (born Oct. 10, 2000)
          Isobel aka Fat Girl (born Feb. 7, 2007)
          Ash (born July 11, 2007, diagnosed FeLV+ July 28, 2008)