Sorry, thought I sent it to the list, guess not.  Tally used to be on
this list (maybe 2001?).  Guess that's when I got on this
list.  Anyhow - This is her info on her web
site:  http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Pointe/9352/interferon.html

Interferon used in this way, Lynne, is "oral low dose interferon
alpha".  Not injected.   It can of course be administered in other
ways, but this is intended to provide a gentle ongoing boost to the
kitty immune system.  There's lots of undocumented, unresearched
stuff about interferon, but this is the protocol that many
use.  There's also a discussion of whether you do constant, or on-off
(like 7 days on, then 7 off).  As I understand from Tally's info, the
theory for the constant, daily dosage, is that the cat is low in its
own natural interferon , and this is intended to supplement it.  Now
mind you, I'm just saying what I recall, so don't have sources right
now other than Tally's info.

Gloria