My vet says that a/d can make the diarrhea worse due to the high fat
content.  You might try some but go easy and see if it does make the
diarrhea worse?

We have two combo negative boys that are about the size of 6 month old
kittens, and they were feral when we rescued them at 4 weeks.  They are
super super healthy, wonderful coats, not thin at all, just small.  I think
cats just come in different sizes.  Our most recent rescue I thought to be
about 6 months, but the vet says a year.

Did he recently come from a shelter?  Shelters are the worst for spreading
URI (upper respiratory infection).   We have also had it happen that a cat
will develop uri from the stress of moving households.

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 2:47 AM, catatonya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I would feed him really good food.  Like maybe even a/d, or at least a good
> brand of kitten food.  I would also put him on l-lysine for the eyes.  Has
> he seen the vet yet.  I don't think it would hurt to start him on interferon
> either.  I have a cat that is 10 years old and still looks like a kitten.
>  Sometimes kittens that have been inbred, or were born to young mothers
> (ferals, etc....) just don't grow that big.
>  Good luck,
>  tonya
>
> Sue & Frank Koren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  I picked up the new FeLV+ kitty today and I am very worried about him. He
> is supposed to be close to two years old but he is the size of a kitten no
> older then 6 months. I can feel his bones as if he has been on the street
> starving. His eyes are a little gunky and his nose seems to be running. He
> eats like he has been starving and he drank an amazing amount of water. He
> just seems sickly. I am keeping him separated from my other cats just in
> case, and he will go to my vet as soon as I can get him an appointment. The
> other animals at this rescue seem very healthy, but I can't imagine why he
> is the way he is. Does anyone have any ideas? Could this be just another
> thing that happens to positive kitties?

http://www.rescuties.org

Check out our Memsaic!

http://www.zazzle.com/rescuties*

Please help with the Friday Night Lights' kittens medical needs!

http://rescuties.chipin.com/the-friday-night-lights-kittens

"Rather than helping, it's easier to point fingers and say "take them first
as long as you leave me alone".