My two cents... even though they were all exposed equally. I would keep them
apart. Repeated exposure is needed for infection to occur. So even though
they are not positive now it could still happen. If you get to the point
where the negative kitens are still negative after a few months and have had
their vaccines you may be able to mix them then. For now I would separate.
IMHO

Sally(in VA)

On 10/29/08, SALLY NORDSTROM <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ok, guys, now I need more help!  I picked the kittens up tonight and after
> I got home, I saw that only one tested positive.  Can the other kittens be
> with her?  Even though they tested negative, is the Humane Society worried
> that the others will eventually test positive?  I don't understand any of
> this!
>
> --- On Wed, 10/29/08, MacKenzie, Kerry N. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > From: MacKenzie, Kerry N. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Stray Kitty I took in tests positive
> > To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
> > Date: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 4:29 PM
> > Sally, I personally would not vaccinate a positive cat. See
> > Jean Dodds'
> > and Charles Loop's (both vets) views here. (The
> > paragraph below is taken
> > from the website.) Kerry M.
> >
> > http://www.newsagepress.com/protectyourpet.html

> > that they should be
> > injected only in healthy animals. In the case of cats,
> > vaccine
> > manufacturers advise against vaccinating pregnant or
> > nursing cats.
> > However, many pets are not healthy when vaccinated although
> > they might
> > not have outward signs of health problems. Charles Loops,
> > DVM, a
> > holistic veterinarian from Pittsboro, North Carolina, notes
> > that
> > "chemically killed viruses or bacteria are injected
> > directly into the
> > blood stream, which is an unnatural route of
> > infection." (7) This causes
> > the animal's antibodies to attempt to fight off the
> > offending virus
> > molecules and render them harmless. If the animal's
> > immune system is too
> > weakened, he or she cannot fight off these viruses and can
> > develop a
> > reaction to the vaccine. Even small amounts of a virus that
> > is
> > introduced through a vaccination may be too much for sick
> > animals to
> > fight off. They then may fall ill from the very disease to
> > which they
> > have been vaccinated.<<<

Sally, Eric (not a cat),Junior(angel), Tiny(angel) Fluffy(soulmate angel),
Speedy, Grey and White, Ittle Bitty, Little Black, Lily, Daisy, Pewter,
Junior Junior (newest) I call him JJ , Silver, and  Spike  Please Visit my
Message board for some pictures. You are welcome to sign up.