i just reread this--a bone marrow BIOPSY?????? and actually, i'd like to see
where something has said that an ELISA can tell what stage of FeLV the kitty
is in. since all it tests for is ANTIGENS, not even antibodies, an ELISA
shouldn't be able to tell anything about whether or not the cat is even
infected!

this is why it's so confusing. the PROFESSIONALS don't understand the
mechanisms, and so we're left to muddle through.

i DO know, from a veterinarian's blog, that doing ELISA's wrong (like not
snapping them on a horizontal surface, not checking them EXACTLY at the
right time, etc) are one of the self-reported top-ten mistakes that vets
make. (it's from a vet's blog; if you go to petconnection.com, i think that
christy has a link to the blog...... arrrrrgh.)

i was just told that are some good on-line courses in immunology and
virology, and when i get moved and settled, i am GOING to take one so that i
know more of what i'm talking about.

MC

Spay & Neuter Your Neighbors!
Maybe That'll Make The Difference....