Kerry, I've used one of Dr. Pitcairn's recipes for diarrhea, quite a
few years ago - had rice in it, and some other ingredients I dont
recall.  I used it for Mr. Black Kitty, who was FELV/FIV positive.  IT
worked really well.  I didn't use it exactly, used canned chicken
rather than raw, and it still worked well.  After a few weeks, I
switched to a canned lamb and rice food, and he still did well on it.

Just fyi -

Gloria