-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tracey
Sent: Saturday, November 01, 2008 8:25 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Kitten chronic loose stool

Kerry, I have had a little experience with the loose stools you're
talking
about.
A few months ago I found a kitten (Abbey) who was near death who tested
+.
She had
uncontrollable diarrhea, I mean it was everywhere and she didn't even
seem
know it was coming out.  Of course she had been starving and eating God
knows
what.  But I fed her only the best food (Wellness canned) to try to get
her
healthy.
She was wormed and was on antibiotics for 10 days initially. Gradually
over
the first
few weeks she got better and better, but she would still 'ooze'
frequently
outside
the litter box, and inside the box it was still extremely loose like
babyfood.   So I
started giving her Fortiflora (recommended by the vet) for 30 days. It
did
help a little
bit, but it was never solid like it should have been.
    I have 3 other cats, all -'s and I have fed them a homemade raw
chicken
and bones diet for the
last 9 months.  I was reluctant to give it to her (Abbey) because I was
hoping to find her a home
and it would be very unlikely that anyone else would give her that same
diet, so I didn't
want her system to have to get used to a different diet.  Anyway, after
about 6 weeks
of dealing with the diarrhea, I started feeding her the raw diet.  It
was
amazing!  Within a week
it was solid as can be, and she is really the picture of health.
    Another cat I took in a year ago (Missy), a stray starving kitten,
also
had diarrhea issues, but hers
also had blood in it (bright red).  Of course I had her stools checked
and
they never found anything
wrong, which is terribly frustrating.  You know there has to be
something
wrong if there is blood in it.
My vets could never find anything though.  She is the reason I started
researching cat foods.
    I took me a long time to make the decision to make my own food and
it
also took a while to get them switched
over to this new diet, but it was well worth the effort!  They are so
healthy!  Their coats are
extremely shiny and softer, their temperaments are better, they are much

more active (playing
more than they ever did), and my 16 lb 'fat cat' has lost a little
weight.
I just couldn't believe
it could make such a difference.  I got my recipe form catinfo.com and
catnutrition.com.  These are
awesome websites, one is even a veterinarian.
It is 'complete' if you make it right and use the right ingredients and
supplements. It is not that expensive.
I make 15 pounds of it at a time and freeze it.  Making the food is a
bit
intimidating at first, but I have it down pat now.
I will never feed dryfood again, or use anything but a high quality
food. It
does makes all the difference.
Good luck!
Tracey (Indiana)