Thank you!!  :o)> Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 12:06:15 -0800> From:
cline...@yahoo.com> To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org> Subject: Re: [Felvtalk]
Sick FelV kitten> > Here is the link to the Yahoo Anemia group.>
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/Feline_Anemia/>  > I think there is a Yahoo
group for just about any condition.  The anemia group is pretty active.>
Sharyl> > --- On Wed, 12/17/08, Christy Buchin <cstet...@hotmail.com> wrote:> >
From: Christy Buchin <cstet...@hotmail.com>> Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Sick FelV
kitten> To: "Feline Leukemia Website" <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>> Date:
Wednesday, December 17, 2008, 1:55 PM> > Gary,> I am sorry to hear that! Gray
Kitty had his second blood transusion last week.> We know we can not sustain
him this way, but we are trying to buy time. His> Hematocrit went down to 9
when he was first diagnosed. He had the first> transfusion and it ended up
going in the normal range of 35. He then dipped> back down to 18 and then 15.
At that time, he had a second transfusion and he> has gone back up to 35 again.
We are currently working with a doctor in> Michigan, who has done bone marrow
transplants in cats. We are hoping to help> future cats with this illness. >
There is an anemia group as well? How do I get to that one too?> I will keep
you and your kitty in my prayers. It is just so heartbreaking!>> From:
gcru...@centurytel.net> To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org> Date: Wed,> 17 Dec
2008 08:38:55 -0600> Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Sick FelV kitten> >> One of my
FeLV cats is very anemic now and her anemia just hasn't responded> > to
treatment, I will lose her this week as she has now refused to let me> >
syringe feed her anymore, she has always been very good about it and about> >
taking meds and now wants no part of it. There are many things you can try> >
to get the anemia reversed, Epogen as previously mentioned, Immunoregulin,> >
etc., but you may need a transfusion to give them time to work. >>
Unfortunately, for my baby the transfusion didn't seem to do much good at> >
all and her numbers just keep going down.> > One of my first FeLV> kittens had
the same problem with his back legs, over a > period of a couple> of days they
just stopped working and he couldn't pee. > Tried a lot of> different things
but never got better and I never found out > what caused it,> please post if
your vet finds out the cause.> > You might want to join the> anemia group on
yahoo.> > Gary> > ----- Original Message ----- >> From: "Lorrie"
<felineres...@kvinet.com>> To:> <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>> Sent: Wednesday,
December 17, 2008 6:32> AM> Subject: [Felvtalk] Sick FelV kitten> > > > One of
our FelV> kittens is very anemic. Has anyone ever tried iron> > suppliments? We
went> back to the vet yesterday, and got her vitamins> > and iron, and hope
this> will buy her a bit more time.> >> > She is 8 months old and only> weighs
3 1/2 pounds. She didn't> > actually lose the weight, she just> never gained
anymore weight> > than that, as she is also a small cat.>> >> > She recently
lost control of her back legs and the vet isn't> sure> > this is caused by the
FelV. He thinks it may be a neurological>> > thing...... This happened suddenly
about a week ago. First she was> >> wobbly and then she got so she couldn't
stand at all, and also lost> >> control of her bladder and bowels. She is still
eating and does not> >> seem to be in any pain. Otherwise I'd put her to sleep.
She is my> >> daughter's favorite cat, and she doesn't want to do this unless
the>> > cat is in distress. I just wondered if any of you had ever seen this>>