I have had two cats who suffered from hypothyroidism...definitely accepted as a "common" disease of cats.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Cougar Clan" <maima...@duo-county.com>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 3:04 PM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] R: PCR test reliability

It has been too long since Ebony left this world. I can't remember the values. However, when he tested for hypothyroidism, it was believed that cats did not develop the condition. Luckily, my vets tend to go beyond the typical and ran the appropriate tests. Now it is pretty well accepted as a feline problem. Please don't let your vet brush the possibility off as not applicable to cats.