In October I joined the group requesting information on hemangio sarcoma which
my felv cat was diagnosed with.  Everything I read was bad.  He had the first
tumor removed on 10-13-08.  It came back this time two tumors and they were
removed on 1-6-09. This surgery was very, very difficult on him to get over.
Then on 2-13-09 the vet discovered it had come back even more rapidly than the
first time.  x-rays showed nothing in the lungs or spleen but the liver was
hard to see though not enlarged.  This past Monday he stopped eating and
drinking and I knew it was time.  The next morning  I took my heart disguised
as a little 7 pound black and white angel to the vet for the final time.  The
night before I laid him on the bed next to me and he stared into my face
purring for hours.  The cancer had spread to his liver and I knew I could not
stand for him be in pain.   Before I took him to the vet I wrapped him in his
cat blanket and walked him all over the yard so he could see his ducks and feel
the air on his face.  He loved to be outside.   So from start to finish he
lived 19 weeks from diagnosis.  This is a deadly, aggressive cancer and I hope
none of you experience it with your babies.   I had my little man for 8 years
and 7 months and they were worth every minute.

Viky Digangi
Support Enforcement Officer II
Monroe Regional Office
318-362-5280 ext 297