From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Viky Digangi
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2009 3:51 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: [Felvtalk] My Mickey

In October I joined the group requesting information on hemangio sarcoma
which my felv cat was diagnosed with.  Everything I read was bad.  He had
the first tumor removed on 10-13-08.  It came back this time two tumors and
they were removed on 1-6-09. This surgery was very, very difficult on him to
get over.  Then on 2-13-09 the vet discovered it had come back even more
rapidly than the first time.  x-rays showed nothing in the lungs or spleen
but the liver was hard to see though not enlarged.  This past Monday he
stopped eating and drinking and I knew it was time.  The next morning  I
took my heart disguised as a little 7 pound black and white angel to the vet
for the final time.  The night before I laid him on the bed next to me and
he stared into my face purring for hours.  The cancer had spread to his
liver and I knew I could not stand for him be in pain.   Before I took him
to the vet I wrapped him in his cat blanket and walked him all over the yard
so he could see his ducks and feel the air on his face.  He loved to be
outside.   So from start to finish he lived 19 weeks from diagnosis.  This
is a deadly, aggressive cancer and I hope none of you experience it with
your babies.   I had my little man for 8 years and 7 months and they were
worth every minute.

Viky Digangi
Support Enforcement Officer II
Monroe Regional Office