I'm so very sorry, Viky.  Gentlest of Bridge vibes to your sweet boy.

Diane R.

-----Original Message-----
From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Viky Digangi
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2009 3:51 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: [Felvtalk] My Mickey

In October I joined the group requesting information on hemangio sarcoma
which my felv cat was diagnosed with.  Everything I read was bad.  He
had the first tumor removed on 10-13-08.  It came back this time two
tumors and they were removed on 1-6-09. This surgery was very, very
difficult on him to get over.  Then on 2-13-09 the vet discovered it had
come back even more rapidly than the first time.  x-rays showed nothing
in the lungs or spleen but the liver was hard to see though not
enlarged.  This past Monday he stopped eating and drinking and I knew it
was time.  The next morning  I took my heart disguised as a little 7
pound black and white angel to the vet for the final time.  The night
before I laid him on the bed next to me and he stared into my face
purring for hours.  The cancer had spread to his liver and I knew I
could not stand for him be in pain.   Before I took him to the vet I
wrapped him in his cat blanket and walked him all over the yard so he
could see his ducks and feel the air on his face.  He loved to be
outside.   So from start to finish he lived 19 weeks from diagnosis.
This is a deadly, aggressive cancer and I hope none of you experience it
with your babies.   I had my little man for 8 years and 7 months and
they were worth every minute.

Viky Digangi
Support Enforcement Officer II
Monroe Regional Office