Those who love and care for feral cats have a very difficult calling, one that causes great pain when a feral leaves for any reason. However, when a feral cares about you, it is the most rewarding experience because that caring can not be forced nor is it bred into the cat. Bless you and your friends for caring about these wonderful animals. You did the right thing. The fear and anger would have made Bashful's time unbearable for her.