I didn't notice---shows how sedated I must be :>)

-----Original Message-----
From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Debbie
Harrison
Sent: Thursday, April 09, 2009 12:40 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Feline Heartworm?

duh....I meant to say "under sedation for surgery"....geez, what a
maroon...

Debbie (COL)
"The time is always right to do what is right" -  Martin Luther King

> From: dlh1...@hotmail.com
> To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
> Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 22:31:16 +0500
> Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Feline Heartworm?
>

> Kerry, when I was MUCH younger, vets would tell you that cats couldn't
get heartworms...but I have seen for myself that it is possible. I have
not used Revolution, but the spay/neuter clinic routinely uses it for
every animal they put under for sedation.

> I do keep my cats on Frontline and Advantage...wouldn't that kill any
mosquito borne parasite as well? Curious kittens are....curious.....

> Debbie (COL)
> "The time is always right to do what is right" - Martin Luther King
>

> > Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 09:41:21 -0700
> > From: kerrymacken...@ymail.com
> > To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
> > Subject: [Felvtalk] Feline Heartworm?
> >
> > Dear all,
> > Just received this from my vet's clinic. My first instinct is
nooooo, but I would welcome your thoughts on the necessity for
"all-year-round Revolution"?
> > Thanks!
> > Kerry M.
> >
> > Feline Heartworm Update:
> >

> > Dear Pet Owner, April 2009
> >
> > A new study from Auburn University has indicated that heartworm
disease in cats is a far bigger issue than previously thought. Cats can
get heartworm infection through the simple bite of an infected mosquito.
Studies have shown: Indoor cats are just as susceptible to infection
when mosquitoes enter our home.

> > Once bitten, immature heartworms are transmitted and the heartworm
lifecycle begins. The larval worms then start their journey through the
body, ultimately affecting the heart, blood vessels and lungs.

> > A cat's body is designed to respond and kill foreign invaders,
including heartworm larvae before they develop into adults. As the cat's
body responds, the intense inflammatory reaction causes severe damage to
the lung tissue. This disease state is clinically recognized as
Heartworm Associated Respiratory Disease or H.A.R.D. Once this damage to
the lung tissue occurs, it is not reversible and there is no treatment
to remove the adult heartworms from a cat.

> > With this new information we are now recommending ALL CATS be put on
Revolution year round. Revolution is a broad spectrum parasiticide that
in addition to preventing heartworm also prevents intestinal parasites,
ear mites and fleas.

> > Please contact us if you would like to discuss prevention for your
cat.

> > Sincerely,
> >
> > The Doctors and Staff at Roscoe Village Animal Hospital

IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE. Any tax advice expressed above by Mayer Brown LLP was
not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, by any taxpayer to
avoid U.S. federal tax penalties. If such advice was written or used to support
the promotion or marketing of the matter addressed above, then each offeree
should seek advice from an independent tax advisor.