Because of the age and suddeness I would guess a heart thing. Many cats with undiagnosed Cardiomyapathy can pass suddenly with no outward symptoms, generally before or by the age of 6. I lost my Snyder very suddenly at age 9, no symptoms what-so-ever, just the day he died, he had a heart attack. The vet I took him to said with the symptoms I described he most likely had a heart attack and that many cats with HCM don't show any symptoms until it's too late.

Just a guess though, you won't know unless you have a necropsy done.

--

Belinda
happiness is being owned by cats ...

http://bemikitties.com