She stumbled the day before she died so I made a call to Middletown Animal Clinic in Louisville, KY (her regular vets) and we made a Code 3 run from my farm (120 miles). Her vet waited for us; we tried lots of things and I took her to her holistic vet, put her in an O2 tent etc. She just couldn't make it. Luckily she died beside me in the Jeep (we were going to my home with O2 to fix her a tent there). She left in a safe spot, unassisted by the vets she hated.
On Jun 2, 2009, at 8:31 AM, Susan Finkelstein wrote:

How did you know it was anemia? Did you have a necropsy done?
S.

From: maima...@duo-county.com
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 08:29:33 -0500
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Sudden passing?

Dixie left suddenly.  Anemia.  She seemed fine until a day before she
left this world.
On Jun 2, 2009, at 8:23 AM, Susan Finkelstein wrote:

My FeLV+ 5-year-old (or so) kitty died suddenly over the weekend and
I was wondering if anyone has had any similar experiences or heard
of any with otherwise (seemingly) healthy leuk-positive cats. He
seemed fine, thriving in fact: plump, nice coat, good appetite, good
stool, active, affectionate. I found him curled up as if he were
sleeping comfortably but he was gone. Thinking back, he may have
seemed slightly lethargic for a day or two beforehand, but not
enough to warrant any concern at the time on my part. Does anyone
know if this happens -- a heart thing? Stroke? Needless to say, the
only other FeLV+ cat in the household (they were sequestered
together) seems kinda lost, and I am a bit worried that he will be
affected physically.
Thanks!
Susan

Marylyn, Copper & Thomas