Lorrie,
Just a comment about CRF kitties.  My Pequita was dx with CRF over 3 yrs ago.
She'll be 17 this Oct.  She has been on meds and daily sub q fluids for most of
those 3 yrs.  I assist feed her several times per day.  She will only eat from
a baby spoon.  I do the meds, feedings and fluids on her terms and she is doing
fine.

Often when a kitty crashed they are are very resistant to treatment.  It is all
new and strange for them.  Once the person develops a treatment schedule things
usually go a lot better.  Like people, cats like to know what is going to
happen and when it is going to happen.

I just don't want people here to think that treating CRF or any chronic disease
should not be attempted.  Each kitty is unique and will respond to treatment
plans differently.  Often members of the CRF group are in a panic mode and are
still dealing with a kitty in crisis.  You don't know how yours will respond
until you try.

Whatever problem our beloved companions have we need to remember to love them
and treasure each day we have together.
Sharyl