This happened to my sister in laws 18 year old cat and they gave the meds to dissolve clots (don't know what you would need anesthesia for), my SIL had to express her kitties bladder and do physical therapy on his back legs for about a month but after her kitty was back to normal and lived another 2 years. Sometimes the clots will reoccur but didn't in her kitties case.

if you get to the hospital fast enough, can remove/dissolve the clot releaving
the pain and paralysis.  not so with an older cat, they usually cannot take the
anethesia.

--

Belinda
happiness is being owned by cats ...