Hi James,
It sounds like Mediastinal (thymic) large B cell lymphoma, it usually hits younger cats and is very aggressive. Here on our Feline Lymphoma website are some case studies on this type of lymphoma, it is one of those that usually responds well to chemo and has a good survival rate. But it is very aggressive and treatment needs to be started yesterday if that is what it turns out to be. Look at the case studies under Mediastinal Lymphoma [chest cavity], Zoe Belle didn't do as well as the others but most did pretty good and got years of remission.

http://felinelymphoma.org/cases.html

This is a very knowledgeable and supportive list, I am on it for years when my Buddie was diagnosed with liver cancer.

I'm really sorry to hear this devastating news about LG.

--

Belinda
happiness is being owned by cats ...

http://bemikitties.com