Hi Laurie,

I Hate myself for having thoughts of letting her go at such a young age.
She is a very beautiful cat whom I have raised since she was one day old.
She was brought to me on Mother's Day in 2008.  Her CH was made worse when I
had her vaccinated and again when I had her spayed.  It seems like I have
done the wrong thing to her constantly because of lack of knowledge.

I don't think my vet will come here to euthanize her. She will start having
a "fit" once I put her in a carrier to take her there.  If I carry her she
will "fit" just from being in the car.  I am so upset and just don't know
what to do.

It is comforting to hear that your cat bites you too when he has asthma
attacks.  At least I know this is normal now. I am so sorry you have to go
through this though.  AS you know, an attack is so hard on them. I know my
cat only bites us because she cannot breathe...the same as yours. I've had
cats for over 20 years now and she is my first one to have asthma as well as
so many other health issues.

She stopped going to her litter box after I had all the carpeting removed
from our home.  This wasn't the smartest thing for me to do but at the time
I didn't put two and two together. She needed the carpet to get around with
her CH.  I Have since went back and placed area rugs around the house over
the hard wood floors to aid her walking abilities.  This has helped about
80%.  She still will not go to her potty and when I take her there and place
her in the potty she will fight with me and start having a "fit."  It is
like my placing her in the litter box makes her have an asthma attack.

I feel like everything I have done has worked against her.  This is the last
thing I ever wanted to do. I only take her to the potty about two times a
day now and when she starts fighting with me I take her out immediately
before she gets too worked up and then she rushes to the hallway and potties
on the runner rug I placed there.

Taking her to the vet is so traumatic on her too and makes her so much
worse.  I am to the point I just don't know what to do.  With all of her
"fits" she has I think she would be better off passing.  Actually, the last
time I took her to the vet I was told that they weren't to sure she wouldn't
die she was "fitting" so badly.  After she is allowed to go home with me,
she is great but then she will "fit" before I can even get her home and it
seems like it is a never ending story with her.

She has been dealing with this for about a month now and I just hate putting
her through this!

I don't even know what's best for her right now.

Thanks, for answering my email.  You have helped me greatly just letting me
know you and your cat go through this too.

Kim

"...Saving just one pet won't change the world....but surely the world will
change for that one pet..."

 "One small cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home."