Hi, All,

Just dropping in to post about the success I have had in
reversing FIP in one of my kittens.  As most of you know, I
lost my FeLV+ boy Lukey in October and we were never sure
what actually caused his death, as though we were able to
improve his red blood count with a transfusion and his
lymphocytes were increasing with Imulan's LTCI, his fevers,
weight loss and anorexia persisted.  He died just after we
had placed an esophageal feeding tube.

I pulled three six-week-old kittens from a kill shelter last
June and they have been healthy, happy and thriving.  Then,
following their FVRCP vaccinations on October 8, 10 days
later one of them, Chuckie, began with chronic high fevers,
lethargy and inappetence.  When he didn't rebound in a few
days, I, like so many others, took him for conventional
veterinary treatment which consisted of the routine
antibiotics and steroids.  When he did not respond to their
treatment they simply returned a diagnosis of "Fever of
Unknown Origin," and sent me on my way, at which time I
proceeded to a second, and yet a third "specialty" vet.
They all returned the same diagnosis and basically dismissed
Chuckie and me with no hope.

I had no idea of what to do next but since I had seen such
good results with intravenous vitamin C in my lymphosarcoma
cat Linus (who is still alive nearly two years after his
original diagnosis thanks to the treatments), I took Chuckie
to my vet who performs the ascorbate treatments for me and
Chuckie was started on IV ascorbic acid immediately.  He
received five days of the treatment but not consecutively
and apparently at less then adequate dosages because though
he seemed much improved by the fifth drip, we mistakenly
stopped the drips thinking he would remain better and two
days later he manifested with severe neurological symptoms
and two days after that he was dead.

At around the same time Chuckie was dying his sister
Angelica then became sick with the identical symptoms and
stopped eating and had some transient neurological
involvement.  This time, with the pain from Chuckie's death
and failed conventional treatment still very fresh, I
realized that if Angelica was going to be saved we would
have to bypass conventional vet medicine and get her started
on the intravenous ascorbate immediately.

Her drips were begun on Tuesday, November 10 and according
to the protocol of Wendell Belfield, DVM she was titrated up
quickly to 2 grams per pound of body weight (she weighed 5
pounds and so she was receiving close to 10 grams of vitamin
C intravenously by the third or fourth day).  Vitamin C is a
powerful virucidal and immune stimulant and because I work
in this field, I am well familiar with the properties of
this near miracle supplement.  See
http://www.seanet.com/~alexs/ascorbate/198x/smith-lh-clinica
l_guide_1988.htm for information as to why and how vitamin C
kills viruses.

As of November 19, 2009 Angelica has received nine
intravenous ascorbic acid drips and again, we were able to
successfully achieve the 2g per pound (10,000 mg at each
drip) with no side effects whatsoever.  After her 6th drip
her fevers began to remain down overnight (as Belfield
predicted would happen), and now after 9 drips she is
eating, putting on weight, and her fevers are consistently
gone.  Though I'm always afraid to utter it aloud,
especially after losing two other babies to what I now
believe was FIP in both cases, Angelica appears to have
beaten this despicable disease thanks to the power of
intravenous ascorbate and the work of vitamin C pioneers
like Linus Pauling and Dr. Wendell Belfield in vet medicine.

For those of you who are interested, you can read more about
Dr. Belfield's protocol and work in this field at
http://www.seanet.com/~alexs/ascorbate/197x/belfield-w-j_int
_assn_prev_med-1978-v2-n3-p10.htm.  He also discusses
successes and seroconversions in FeLV+ cats with the use of
intravenous, injected and oral vitamin C, though the most
success is seen with FeLV in cats who are newly diagnosed
and the virus has not yet reached the bone.  If I had a
newly diagnosed FeLV cat that I was trying to save, I would
certainly not hesitate to put it on intravenous and
injectable ascorbate at high levels, since it is nontoxic
and completely safe for the cat.  The vials of sodium
ascorbate are charged at around $25.00 per vial by my vet
and there is enough product in a vial to get three or four
high level drips out of it.  The only other cost is
placement of the catheter for the drip which can remain in
place for up to four days.  I have even hung the drips at
home when the vet was good enough to loan me her infusion
pump and it is not difficult to do.  I am now buying my own
infusion pump for future use because I would not be without
this powerful weapon on behalf of my cats that I cherish.

Anyway, If any of you has any questions about the protocol I
used with Angelica for her FIP, feel free to write.  You can
also view Belfield's discussion of vitamin C and FeLV here:
http://www.belfield.com/pet_health_art2.php.  I use his Mega
C Plus and my cats take it readily in their food without
hesitation.  I also administer subcutaneous injections of
ascorbate immediately to any cat that begins to manifest
with sneezing, runny eyes, nose, etc. and the ascorbate
stops it immediately.  They don't appear to love the subcu
injections because it must burn a little bit but it's a
small price to pay for what invariably results in near
miraculous healing and recovery from these horrible cat
diseases.

Sally Snyder Jewell

Sally Snyder Jewell, Marketing Director

Tower Laboratories Corporation

www.HeartTech.com

1-877-TOWER-LABS

Practicing Medicine
<http://www.hearttech.com/books_and_videos.html>  Without a
License?  The Story of the Linus Pauling Therapy for Heart
Disease, by Owen Fonorow and Sally Snyder Jewell