Tracy, not sure but the weird meow could be caused by her going into heat.  Any
reason why you have not had her spayed?  I've had all my FeLV+ kitties
spayed/neutered.  Just makes sense since any off spring would almost surely be
FeLV+.  I wouldn't have her spayed while in the heat cycle but definitely as
soon as it is over.
Sharyl